Blackpool Pleasure Beach Car Park
Ever since I was young I've enjoyed Blackpool Pleasure beach. Once upon a time I could spend the day there for free as there was no entry fee. Oh, how times have changed, anyway enough about that, if you plan to visit Blackpool and would like to park up at the Pleasure Beach there are a few things to consider.
First of all you need to get there
Take junction 32 off the M6 (Broughton interchange) onto the M55. From there it's signposted (brown tourist signs) pretty much all the way there.
Please bear in mind Blackpool Pleasure Beach is rather large, you could end up parking at the wrong end depending upon what rides you plan on using whilst there. For instance, if you plan on visiting Nickelodean land you might think it wise to park at the South end, however they only let you in that entrance if you are a guest at their hotel, Big Blue! It's a VIP entrance. The Pleasure Beach have 5 car parks to deal with the size of the place and the volume of visitors
Pleasure Beach owned car parks
- North Entrance, Balmoral Road, FY4 1HR — £18 on the day, online £18 (off-peak) £20 (peak) guaranteed reserved space
- East Car Park, Bond Street, FY4 1BW — prices from £15.00
- Arena Car Park, Watson Road — prices from £10
- West Car Park, Ocean Boulevard, FY4 1PL — prices from £15.00
- Railway Station Car Park, Bond Street, FY4 1HW
Alternatives to car parks owned by Blackpool pleasure beach
You might find cheaper parking outside the Pleasure Beach, here are a few suggestions
- On street parking, there are plenty of places nearby you can park for free, you might have to scout about for while, and get there as early as possible. One of my favourite spots is New South Promenade as the promenade is very nice at that end, there's also Burlington Road, Clifton Drive, and Bond Street.
- There's a car park behind the North Entrance car park on Bond Street